Geological Society of America

Earn 3 Units of University Graduate-Level Professional Development Credit For Your Attendance and Participation in The Geological Society of America Workshops and Educational Field Camps.

Two simple steps:

1. Get to know the policies of your school district regarding graduate-level professional growth courses, due dates, etc.  Some districts require prior approval and some don’t. Districts vary in policy regarding whether or not they require embossed transcripts, and districts have different turn-in dates for salary advancement.

It is your responsibility to know your own district’s policies regarding dates you must submit grade reports for salary advancement and regarding their policy in accepting grade reports v.s. formal transcripts. Please contact your personnel department for information. 

What information to provide your district should you need prior approval:

  1. University of the Pacific is accredited with Western Association of Schools and Colleges

  2. Graduate-Level Professional Development Semester Unit/Credit (see section  “General Information About Credit…” explaining the semantics regarding CEUs and PDUs among different states)

  3. Course Title and Course Number you have selected 

If additional information is requested by your school district, please do not hesitate to email us and we will provide you with any information you need to submit to your District.

2. Register for University Credit. You may register for 3 graduate-level professional development semester units/credits upon completion of your educational training with Geo Society.

We will need three things from you:

1) Registration form completed
2) Payment – personal check or Visa, AMEX or MasterCard
3) Certificate of Training completion

The registration process is quick and easy. The cost is only $297 for 3 graduate-level professional development semester units/credits.

Choose from one of the following course titles. Each course title is available 3 semester units/credits.
Note: Once you have chosen a course title, you may not use that course title again. In selecting a course title, keep in mind that the title does not have to match all the activities with Geo Society; it is merely a way we file you for university credit.

P EDU 9188  Environmental Awareness, Lesson Plans and Activities
P EDU 9189  Environmental Education Curriculum For Teachers
P EDU 9016  Science Ideas For the Classroom
P EDU 9041  Teaching Coastal and Marine Ecosystems
P EDU 9060  Evaluating and Enhancing Your Science Program
P EDU 9064  Focusing on Objectives For Teaching Science

To Register by EMAIL:

  1. Register Now to access the electronic registration form.
  2. Save the “editable” PDF to your desktop. (DO NOT fill it out before saving it to your desktop.)
  3. Fill out the form, save it again and attach the file, along with a scanned copy of your Certificate of Training and log. 
    Email to:
    Please put “GEO Society” in the subject field. You may also send the certificate and/or log separately by regular mail. The address is given below.

To Register by REGULAR MAIL:

  1. Register Now to access the electronic registration form. Fill out, print and mail.
  2. Save the registration form to your desktop. If is the the “editable” version, fill it out, re-save it to your desktop, and print it out. 
  3. Send the completed registration form, a copy of your certificate, and your payment to the address below.

Courses4Teachers, LLC / University of the Pacific
Karin Alexander
696 San Ramon Valley Blvd, #518
Danville, CA 94526

About Courses4Teachers, LLC and University of the Pacific

Courses4Teachers is an educational company, in affiliation with University of the Pacific, providing practical and motivating courses for teachers throughout the United States. Courses4Teachers has provided PreK-12 teachers with consistent, dependable, high-quality graduate professional courses for over twenty-eight years. The company office is located in Danville, California. The Courses4Teachers staff takes great pride in the quality of education and service they provide and value highly their strong partnership with the prestigious University of the Pacific. The Pacific main campus, located in Stockton, CA, is one of the oldest institutions of higher learning in the state of California; it has a reputation of high prestige and is known for quality in education. The University of the Pacific is accredited with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.

General Information regarding unit credit with the University of the Pacific

States across the U.S. have different terminology to label this type of graduate-level professional development credit. It can be referred to as “professional growth,” “post-bachelors credit” or “continuing education.” Other terms are used, such as “graduate units,” “graduate hours,” or “graduate credits.”

Regardless of the terminology, and in light of some confusion with semantics among different states, we want to make it clear that these graduate-level professional development courses are designed for professional growth and are available to teachers across the U.S.

These courses will be listed on a University of the Pacific transcript. They are designed primarily for salary advancement and credential renewal requirements. The courses are not designed towards attainment of an advanced degree. You are advised to check with your state board or attending university, prior to registering, if you wish to apply these credits towards attainment of specialty credentials.  There are no refunds.

Grade and Transcript Information

After you have mailed in your documentation and registration, a grade confirmation will be emailed to you, from our Danville office, on University letterhead, within 5 business days. You will also receive an unofficial transcript in the mail, directly from the University of the Pacific Registrar, in about 6-8 weeks. Some school districts may accept the grade confirmation letter emailed from our office for immediate professional growth and salary increment credit. Most school districts request the unofficial transcript from the Registrar, and some may request an embossed, sealed Official Transcript.

Please note: For more Official Transcript information click here: