Social Thinking Conference
Thank you for your interest in earning university graduate-level professional development units through Courses4Teachers. We are pleased to help you earn graduate-level professional development semester units for the professional work you do with Digital Learning Tree™.
You may choose from the following course numbers/titles below to earn three graduate-level professional development semester units (credits). Each three-semester-credit course is $279 ($93/unit). Each time you complete 45 hours of professional work with Digital Learning Tree™ you qualify for three semester units/credits. Each time you register for graduate-level professional development units you must choose a new course title, as you may not take the same course title more than once.
P EDU 9047: Effective Teaching Strategies and Motivational Lesson Plans
P EDU 9190: iPAD Apps to Teach PreK-12 Core Standards
P EDU 9191: Digital Learning Tools to Develop 21st Century PreK-12 Curriculum
P EDU 9192: Flip Teaching Technology/Strategies
P EDU 9235: Using Open Educational Resources to Create PreK-12 Curriculum I
P EDU 9236: Using Open Educational Resources to Create PreK-12 Curriculum II
P EDU 9238: Using the Android Tablet in the Classroom
P EDU 9231: Understanding and Supporting Children with Autism
Three Simple Steps For Graduate-level Professional Development Units:
- Familiarize yourself with the policies of your school district.
Some districts require prior approval for these types of courses and some do not. Districts vary in policy regarding whether they require embossed transcripts. Districts also have different turn-in dates for graduate-level professional development units applied to salary advancement. Courses4Teachers cannot know all of these differing policies and will claim no responsibility for their proper execution. There are no refunds.
- Keep a log of 45 hours of professional work with Digital Learning Tree.
- Send Courses4Teachers your registration, payment, and certificate of completion from Digital Learning Tree.
NOTE: Please read and follow the instructions below the registration form before filling it out to save you some time.
- What information do I provide my school district should I need prior approval?
- Can you explain more fully about the graduate-level professional development units you grant?
- How do I send my registration and documentation?
- How do I earn additional graduate-level professional development units for continued professional work?
Generally districts ask for the name of the university, the course title and course number. They may request beginning and ending dates – which are up to you to determine. Additionally, they may want to know if the university is accredited. University of the Pacific is accredited with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). All University of the Pacific courses are graduate-level professional development.[Back to FAQs]
We offer graduate-level professional development units through the University of the Pacific, located in Stockton, California. States across the U.S. have different terminology to label this type of graduate-level professional development units. It can be referred to as “professional growth,” “professional development,” “post-bachelors credit,” or “graduate continuing education.” Other terms used vary from state-to-state: such as “graduate units,” “graduate semester hours,” or “graduate credits.” Regardless of the terminology, and in light of some confusion with semantics among different states, we want to make it clear that these self-designed courses offer only graduate-level professional development units to teachers across the U.S. These credits are graduate-level professional development units that are not part of a degree program but instead are primarily used for professional advancement (such as salary increment steps and re-certification). You should seek approval of appropriate district or college officials before enrolling in these courses to satisfy any degree, state credential, or local school district requirements.[Back to FAQs]
- You may register for this course any time your documentation is complete.
- You may send your registration, payment, and certificate of completion from Digital Learning Tree to Courses4Teachers by email or by regular mail.
- You will receive an email confirmation that your registration has been received.
- Your work will be reviewed and your grade will be emailed to you within two weeks from our Danville Office.
- Within six to eight weeks you will receive an unofficial transcript from the University of the Pacific Registrar, along with a form to request a formal, embossed, sealed transcript should you wish one.
Register with Courses4Teachers
Instructions to complete and either Email or Mail your registration form are included in the PDF Registration Form. Please read them before filling out the form.
As educators we understand the time commitment involved in establishing and maintaining a 21st century technology classroom. We know it takes months to establish new technology programs into your classroom curriculum and continued hours to enhance and personalize those programs to meet your specific classroom needs.
We therefore encourage you to register for graduate-level professional development units with Courses4Teachers at courses4teachers.net for your continued work related to Digital Learning Tree. Also, please see the Digital Learning Tree website at www.digitallearningtree.com/e-course-marketplace for more educational growth opportunities.[Back to FAQs]