CKA Workshop Series
Graduate-Level Professional Development Semester Units/Credits For Participation in CKA Workshops, Seminars and Webinars
A very simple registration process to follow:
You may earn 1 graduate-level units/credits for your attendance and participation in any of the 6 California Kindergarten Conference Summer Series workshops/webinars of your choice.
Or, better yet:
Participate in all 12 workshops and earn 2 graduate-level professional development semester units/credits!
Note: These credits are designed for salary advancement and to renew credentials. These units/credits are not designed towards attainment of an advanced degree with University of the Pacific.
The cost is only $70 for each graduate-level professional development semester unit/credit (regularly $99 per unit)!
To be awarded these units/credits, you will need to do the following:
- YOU MUST OBTAIN A CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE/PARTICIPATION IN 6 or 12 WORKSHOPS FROM CKA ADMINISTRATION. YOU MUST TURN IN THIS CERTIFICATE WITH YOUR REGISTRATION.
- Select a course number/title from the list below. If you participated in all 12 workshops, select two course titles! No single title will match the workshops you attended. Therefore, select a title(s) you would like to see on your transcript.
- To register use this link Registration Form (Please disregard the $99 fee per unit. We will be crossing off the $99 before sending it to the University). Fill out the form (Your tuition submitted will be $70) and attach the CKA Completion Certificate.
- Each course title applies for credit for taking six workshops. Therefore, if you want credit for all 12 workshops you must provide us with two separate registrations, each with a different course number/title. Each course registration will be processed separately, each for $99.
- Email the registration(s) to Courses4Teachers@Courses4Teachers.net.
PLEASE PUT IN THE SUBJECT LINE ON THE REGISTRATION FORM: “CKA Workshop Series”
Note: It is your responsibility to know your own district’s policies regarding dates you must submit grade reports for salary advancement and regarding their policy in accepting grade reports versus formal transcripts. Please contact your personnel department for information.
Please note: It typically takes 6 – 8 weeks to obtain an Unofficial Transcript from the Registrar, so please keep this time frame in mind when registering.
Should you need prior approval for courses with your District, listed below are all the courses available for 1 graduate-level professional development semester unit:
Early Childhood Courses:
PECE 9000 Teaching Foundational Reading Skills to ECE Students
PECE 9001 Teaching Foundational Math Skills to ECE Students
PECE 9002 Supporting English Language Development in the ECE Classroom
PECE 9003 Assessment of ECE Goals and Lesson Plan Effectiveness
PECE 9004 Understanding Developmental Stages of Early Childhood
PECE 9005 Promoting Social Emotional Growth in ECE Students
PECE 9006 Teaching to Diversified Developmental Levels, Personality Types and
Learning Styles in the ECE Classroom
PECE 9007 Teaching Language and Literacy to ECE Students
Courses for Teachers Prek-12:
PEDU 9040 Safe and Respectful Learning Environments
PEDU 9044 Strategies to Help Children with Learning Challenges
PEDU 9046 Introducing More Literature into Your Reading Program
PEDU 9048 Evaluating and Enhancing Your Writing Program
PEDU 9051 Focusing on Objectives for Teaching Reading
PEDU 9254 Incorporating Game-Based Learning into Your Curriculum
PEDU 9055 Focusing on Objectives for Teaching Writing Skills
PEDU 9060 Evaluating and Enhancing Your Science Program
PEDU 9061 Evaluating and enhancing Your Math Program
PEDU 9063 Focusing on Objectives for Teaching Art
PEDU 9066 Enhancing Your Skills Using Technology
PEDU 9069 Classroom Management Strategies
PEDU 9070 Music Across the Curriculum
PEDU 9294 Reading, Writing and Math Curriculum for PreK, TK and K Teachers
PEDU 9265 Using Technology to Foster Collaborative Learning
EDUP 9181: Creating A Classroom of Equity and Belonging
EDUP 9188: Promoting Social Emotional Learning and Growth
EDUP 9189: Social Emotional Learning Practices
EDUP 9191: Equity Teaching, Strategies and Curriculum
Please note: Unofficial transcripts can take up to 6 – 8 weeks.
For more information click here:
If you’d like to continue earning graduate-level professional development units/credits for the professional work you do, please click here for a Self-Designed Course Packet. The registration process for obtaining additional graduate-level professional development semester credit is simple. We honor teachers for the hard work they do outside of their normal workday. This program is available all year long.