Bay Area Wilderness Training

Thank you for your interest in earning university graduate-level professional development semester units/credits through Courses4Teachers. We are pleased to help you earn units/credits for the work you do with Bay Area Wilderness Training.

The 3 semester units/credits you earn are designed for salary advancement and to renew credentials. The cost for 3 semester units is $297.

Two Easy Steps to Earn Graduate-Level Professional Development Semester Units/Credits:

Step 1

Get to know the policies of your school district regarding graduate-level professional growth courses, due dates, etc.:
Some districts require prior approval and some don’t. Districts vary in policy regarding whether or not they require embossed transcripts, and districts have different turn-in dates for salary advancement.

It is your responsibility to know your own district’s policies regarding dates you must submit grade reports for salary advancement and regarding their policy in accepting grade reports versus formal transcripts. Please contact your personnel department for information.
Please note: It typically takes 6-8 weeks to obtain a transcript from the Registrar, so please plan to register with this time frame in mind.

What information to provide your district should you need prior approval:
Generally districts ask for the name of the university, the course title and course number. If additional information is requested, you may add that all our University of the Pacific courses are Graduate-Level, Professional Development courses, designed as professional growth for teachers. The University of the Pacific is accredited with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.

Step 2

Email, or mail us your registration form, Certificate of Completion from Bay Area Wilderness Training, and a one page reflection on your experience. You may use the REGISTER NOW link below to begin the process.

To access our new user-friendly registration form, click here: 
Register Now

What information do I provide my school district should I need prior approval for courses?
Generally districts require the following information:

  • The name of the university: University of the Pacific (The college is accredited with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.) (WASC)
  • Type of Credit: 3 Graduate-Level Professional Development, Semester Units/Credits
  • The Course Number and Title You Have Selected:  See below for possible selections

Can you explain more fully about the type of graduate-level professional development semester units/credits we will receive?
We offer graduate-level professional development semester units/credits through the University of the Pacific, located in Stockton, California. States across the U.S. have different terminology to label this type of graduate-level professional development semester units/credits. It can be referred to as “professional growth,” “professional development,” “post-bachelor’s credit,” or “graduate continuing education.” Other terms used vary from state-to-state: such as “graduate units,” “graduate semester hours,” or “graduate credits.” Our courses offer graduate-level professional development semester units/credits and will be listed on a University of the Pacific transcript. These courses are not designed towards attainment of an advanced degree with the University of the Pacific. You are advised to check with your state board or attending university if you wish to apply these graduate-level professional development units towards attainment of specialty credentials.

What, specifically, am I required to turn in for University graduate-level professional development semester units/credits?

  • The registration form and payment
  • The Certificate of Completion from Bay Area Wilderness Training
  • A one page reflection on your recent experience

What course title should I choose?
We understand that teachers multi-task. Consequently, no one course title can ever match the professional work you are doing for this course. We therefore ask you to select a title that most closely resembles your professional work experience and that you would like on your transcript. The title is a way by which we file you for graduate-level professional development semester units/credits. Every time you complete an additional 45 hours of professional work and wish to receive graduate-level professional development semester units/credits, you must select a different course title.

Below are some titles from which you may choose. More titles are available upon request:
These are some titles from which you may choose (other titles are available upon request):

  • P EDU 9188: Environmental Awareness, Lesson Plans and Activities
  • P EDU 9189: Environmental Education Curriculum for Teachers
  • P EDU 9220: Travel to Learn and Enhance Your Teaching
  • P EDU 9221: Travel to Enrich Your Classroom
  • P EDU 9058: Teaching More Creatively and Motivationally
  • P EDU 9064: Focusing On Objectives for Teaching Science

How, and to what address, do I send my registration and documentation?
You may register for these courses any time after completion of your training with Bay Area Wilderness Training.

Send your registration and Certificate of Completion to Courses4Teachers by email or by regular mail.


Mail to:
Courses4Teachers Inc. / University of the Pacific
Attn: Karin Alexander
1812 W. Burbank Blvd, #1031
Burbank, CA 91506

You will receive an email confirmation that your registration has been received and your grade will be emailed to you within 5-7 business days.

If you do not hear from us within the 5-7 business days, please email our office immediately so we can make sure you are taken care of.

Within 6-8 weeks you will receive an Unofficial Transcript from the University of the Pacific Registrar, along with a form to request a formal, embossed, sealed transcript, should you wish one.

The link to the Registration Form is below (click Register Now).
Instructions on how to complete the form, and how to email or mail the form to us are outlined on the actual Registration Form. Please read the instructions to save yourself some time.

To access our new user-friendly registration form, click here: Registration Form

How do I earn additional graduate-level professional development semester units/credits for continued professional work?
As educators we understand the time commitment involved in enhancing your knowledge, skills, curriculum, and classroom environment..

We, therefore, have many course titles and numbers available to you. Should you wish to document additional work (another 45 hours) after this course is completed, you may do so, selecting a different title than any taken previously. For more information about registering for one of these courses, click here for the Complete Informational Packet

How do I obtain a transcript?
After you have mailed in your documentation and registration, a grade confirmation will be emailed to you, from our Danville office, on University letterhead, within 5-7 business days. You will also receive an unofficial transcript in the mail, directly from the University of the Pacific Registrar, in about 6-8 weeks. Some school districts may accept the grade confirmation letter emailed from our office for immediate professional growth and salary increment credit. Most school districts request the unofficial transcript from the Registrar, and some may request an embossed, sealed Official Transcript.

Please note: For more Official Transcript information click here.